Roasted Baby Broccoli
Lemon and Parmigiano-Reggiano
About this Recipe
In 2013, there was a campaign centered around the slogan “Eat Fad Free: Broccoli vs. Kale.” Today, there is a countertop oven that brought broccoli out of the shadows and onto your plate. Broccoli: meet your maker!
1 lb baby broccoli
⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
¼ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
From Your Pantry
extra-virgin olive oil
Brava metal tray
Prep baby broccoli
- Trim bottom ½ inch off baby broccoli stems and discard. If stalks are wider than your pinky finger, cut in half lengthwise.
- In large bowl, toss together baby broccoli, 2 tablespoons cooking oil and a pinch of salt.
- Place baby broccoli in Zones 1, 2 and 3 of Brava metal tray.
- Pro Tip: Be sure to arrange baby broccoli in a single layer; if stacked too high, it will burn. Place broccoli florets toward the outside edge of the tray, with stems facing the middle.
Slide metal tray into top oven shelf
- Select “Roasted Baby Broccoli” on your oven touchscreen and follow instructions.
- While food cooks, prepare vinaigrette.
- Squeeze juice of ½ lemon into same large bowl you used in Step 1; save remaining lemon half for finishing the dish.
- Add red pepper flakes and 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil; stir well. Stir in half of Parmigiano-Reggiano; save the rest for finishing the dish.
Finish baby broccoli & serve
- When your food is done, transfer baby broccoli to bowl with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Taste and season with salt or more lemon juice, if desired.
- Sprinkle baby broccoli with remaining Parmigiano-Reggiano.