Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
- Cake Batter:
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- Zest of 3 lemons
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Lemon Glaze:
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
From Your Pantry
unsalted butter or nonstick cooking spray
stand mixer (optional)
Brava loaf pan
wire cooling rack
Allergens: Eggs, Wheat (Gluten), Milk
Make cake batter
- Over medium bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda; set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat together butter, sugar and lemon zest on medium speed until mixture is light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Stop mixer, using a spatula, scrape down bowl and beater.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat until combined.
- In small bowl, stir together buttermilk and lemon juice.
- Add flour mixture and buttermilk mixture, alternating between flour and buttermilk; mix well.
- Add poppy seeds and beat until blended.
Pour batter into pan
- Lightly butter or spray Brava loaf pan; pour batter into pan.
- Press green button to begin preheating.
- When Brava is preheated, slide loaf pan into top shelf. Press green button again to begin baking.
- While food cooks, prepare glaze.
Make lemon glaze
- In small bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
Cool cake & glaze
- When your food is done, transfer pan to wire rack and let cool before glazing.
- When pan is cool enough to handle, transfer cake to serving platter and pour glaze over cake.
- Cut cake into slices.