1 New York strip steak (1¼–2 inches thick)
2 cups chopped carrots (1-inch pieces)
2 cups broccoli florets (1-inch pieces)
½ teaspoon grated or minced garlic
½ teaspoon chopped fresh thyme, oregano or marjoram
½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
From Your Pantry
kosher salt and black pepper
flaky sea salt (optional)
Brava metal tray
Prep steak & vegetables
- Let 3 tablespoons butter stand at room temperature for 15–30 minutes to soften.
- Pat steak dry with paper towels.
- Season both sides with a pinch of kosher salt.
- Place steak in Zone 2 of Brava metal tray with thickest portion on left side.
- In medium bowl, toss together carrots, 1 tablespoon cooking oil and a pinch of kosher salt.
- Evenly spread carrots in Zone 3 of metal tray.
- In same bowl, toss together broccoli, 1 tablespoon cooking oil and a pinch of kosher salt.
- Evenly spread broccoli in Zone 1 of metal tray.
Roast steak & vegetables
- Slide metal tray into top oven shelf.
- Select “NY Strip Steak and Vegetables” on your oven touchscreen and follow instructions.
- After plugging in TempSensor, insert it horizontally through thickest portion of steak.
- While food cooks, prepare herb butter.
Make herb butter
- In small bowl, combine butter, garlic, thyme, lemon zest and a pinch of kosher salt. Stir well until blended.
Finish & serve
- When your food is done, slice steak across the grain within 1 minute to maintain preferred doneness.
- Arrange steak on serving platter. Season with a pinch of sea salt, if desired, and pepper. Spoon some of herb butter over steak and let melt.
- Transfer vegetables to platter. If desired, top with remaining butter.