- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups grated peeled carrots (1 large or 2 medium carrots)
- ¾ cups canola oil
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- ½ cup raisins (optional)
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
From Your Pantry
Brava muffin tin
paper muffin cups
wire cooling rack
Allergens: Eggs, Wheat (Gluten), Milk
Prep flour & carrot mixtures
- In medium bowl, stir together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, ginger and salt.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together carrots, canola oil, eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract.
Finish cupcake batter
- Add carrot mixture to flour mixture and stir until no large lumps remain.
- If using, add walnuts and raisins and stir to combine.
- Line Brava muffin tin with paper muffin cups. Using rubber spatula, divide batter among cups, filling each three-fourths full.
- Press green button to begin preheating.
- When Brava is preheated, slide muffin tin into top shelf. Press green button again to begin baking.
- When your food is done, transfer muffin tin to wire rack and let cool completely.
- While cupcakes cool, prepare frosting.
Make cream cheese frosting & frost cupcakes
- In medium bowl, stir together cream cheese, butter, confectioners’ sugar, lemon juice and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Spread frosting on cooled cupcakes.