- ¼ oz fresh thyme
- 1 clove peeled garlic
- ¼ lb cremini mushrooms
- 2 oz shiitake mushrooms
- 6 ½ oz peeled cipollini onions
- 1 Double R Ranch Signature NY Steak (about ¾ lb and 1 ½ inches thick)
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 oz baby arugula
From Your Pantry
extra-virgin olive oil
kosher salt and black pepper
Brava metal tray
630 calories per serving
- Remove half of thyme leaves from 1 sprig; coarsely chop leaves.
- Mince garlic.
- Cut cremini mushrooms into 1-inch pieces. Remove and discard shiitake stems. Cut shiitake caps into 1-inch pieces.
- In medium bowl, toss together mushrooms, garlic, half of chopped thyme, 1 tablespoon cooking oil and a pinch of salt.
- Evenly spread mushrooms in Zone 3 of Brava metal tray.
Prep onions & steak
- Trim root end and quarter cipollini onions. Gently separate onion layers.
- In same bowl, toss together onions, 1 teaspoon cooking oil and a pinch of salt.
- Evenly spread onions in Zone 1 of metal tray.
- Pat steak dry with paper towels. Season steak on both sides with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place steak in Zone 2 of metal tray.
Slide metal tray into top shelf
- Select “NY Strip Steak with Mushrooms and Onions” on your Brava touchscreen and follow instructions.
- After plugging in TempSensor, insert it horizontally through center of thickest part of steak.
- While food cooks, prepare vinaigrette.
- In small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar, 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil and a pinch of salt; stir well. Save 1 teaspoon vinegar for glazing mushrooms and onions.
Glaze mushrooms & onions
- When your food is done, slice steak across the grain. This will stop the cooking process and maintain your preferred doneness.
- Sprinkle steak with remaining chopped thyme.
- Transfer mushrooms and onions to medium bowl. Add butter and remaining 1 teaspoon vinegar and stir until butter melts and forms a rich glaze.
Dress salad & serve
- In medium bowl, toss arugula with half of vinaigrette and a pinch of salt. Taste and add more vinaigrette, if desired.
- Divide salad between individual plates. You may have some vinaigrette left over.
- Arrange steak, mushrooms and onions on plates. Drizzle with some of remaining vinaigrette, if desired.