2 cleaned and trimmed fennel bulbs
10 oz asparagus
4 mahi-mahi fillets (about 5 oz each and ½–1¼ inches thick)
3 mandarin oranges
1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
¼ oz fresh tarragon
¼ lb spring lettuce mix
2 oz pitted Niçoise olives
From Your Pantry
extra-virgin olive oil
kosher salt and black pepper
Brava metal tray
Brava glass tray
Prep fennel & asparagus
- Trim and discard root end from each fennel bulb. Cut fennel lengthwise into halves. Cut 3 fennel halves lengthwise into ½-inch slices. Slice remaining fennel half as thinly as possible and set aside for salad.
- In large bowl, toss together ½-inch fennel slices, 2 teaspoons cooking oil and a pinch of salt.
- Evenly spread fennel in Zones 1 and 3 of Brava metal tray.
- Trim bottom 2 inches of asparagus. In same bowl, toss together asparagus, 2 teaspoons cooking oil and a pinch of salt.
- Evenly spread asparagus in Zones 1, 2 and 3 of Brava glass tray.
- Pat mahi-mahi dry with paper towels. Season fish on both sides with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place mahi-mahi on top of fennel in Zones 1 and 3 of metal tray. Make sure thickest mahi-mahi fillet is on left side of Zone 1.
Slide glass tray into bottom oven shelf and metal tray into top shelf
- Select “Mahi Mahi & Asparagus” on your oven touchscreen and follow instructions.
- After plugging in TempSensor, insert it horizontally through center of mahi-mahi fillet.
- While food cooks, prepare vinaigrette and salad.
Make citrus vinaigrette
- Cut 1 mandarin orange in half crosswise and squeeze juice into small bowl.
- Add Champagne vinegar, 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil and a pinch of salt; stir well.
- Using your hands, peel remaining mandarin oranges and separate into segments.
- Remove tarragon leaves from stems; coarsely chop leaves.
- In large bowl, toss together spring lettuce mix, mandarin segments, 2 teaspoons chopped tarragon, thinly sliced fennel and olives.
Dress salad & serve
- When your food is done, arrange mahi-mahi, fennel and asparagus on individual plates.
- Add half of vinaigrette to salad, season with salt and pepper and toss. Taste and add more vinaigrette, if desired.
- Transfer salad to plates. If desired, drizzle mahi-mahi with remaining vinaigrette.