- 1 cleaned and trimmed fennel bulb
- 5 oz asparagus
- 2 mahi-mahi fillets (about 5 oz each and ½–1¼ inches thick)
- 2 mandarin oranges
- 2 teaspoons champagne vinegar
- ¼ oz fresh tarragon
- 2 oz spring lettuce mix
- 1 oz pitted Niçoise olives
From Your Pantry
extra-virgin olive oil
kosher salt and black pepper
Brava metal tray
Prep fennel & asparagus
- Trim and discard root end from fennel bulb. Cut fennel lengthwise into quarters. Cut 3 fennel quarters lengthwise into ½-inch slices, leaving core intact. Cut away core from remaining fennel quarter; slice fennel quarter as thinly as possible and set aside for salad.
- In medium bowl, toss together ½-inch fennel slices, 1 teaspoon cooking oil and a pinch of salt.
- Evenly spread fennel in Zone 3 of Brava metal tray.
- Trim bottom 2 inches of asparagus. In same bowl, toss together asparagus, 1 teaspoon cooking oil and a pinch of salt.
- Evenly spread asparagus in Zone 1 of metal tray.
- Pat mahi-mahi dry with paper towels. Season fish on both sides with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place mahi-mahi in Zone 2 of metal tray. Make sure thickest mahi-mahi fillet is on left side of Zone 2.
Slide metal tray into top shelf
- Select “Mahi-Mahi Filet, Asparagus, and Fennel” on your Brava touchscreen and follow instructions.
- After plugging in TempSensor, insert it horizontally through center of mahi-mahi fillet
- While food cooks, prepare vinaigrette and salad.
Make citrus vinaigrette
- Cut 1 mandarin orange in half crosswise and squeeze juice from one half into small bowl. You will have ½ mandarin left over.
- Add Champagne vinegar, 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil and a pinch of salt; stir well.
- Using your hands, peel remaining whole mandarin orange and separate into segments.
- Remove about half of tarragon leaves from stems; coarsely chop leaves. You will have some tarragon left over.
- In medium bowl, toss together spring lettuce mix, mandarin segments, 1 teaspoon chopped tarragon, thinly sliced fennel and olives.
Dress salad & serve
- When your food is done, arrange mahi-mahi, fennel and asparagus on individual plates.
- Add half of vinaigrette to salad, season with salt and pepper and toss. Taste and add more vinaigrette if desired.
- Transfer salad to plates. If desired, drizzle mahi-mahi with remaining vinaigrette.