Parmigiano Reggiano Crisps
A simple Italian-inspired treat
About this Recipe
The ultimate quick snack. Impress your friends with this cheesy treat. Once you eat one, you'll be making 10 more batches in no time. These crisps are the perfect way to start any party, or you can just snack on them by yourself. Important Note: Do not use pre-grated Parmigiano Reggiano. You need to grate it from a whole piece of cheese just before baking the crisps. Use Italian Parmigiano Reggiano, not domestic Parmesan, which may have stabilizers and won't crisp properly.
3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (about 1 oz)
From Your Pantry
Brava metal tray
- Use 1 teaspoon Parmigiano-Reggiano per crisp.
- Place 9 piles of Parmigiano-Reggiano, evenly spaced apart, in Zones 1, 2 and 3 of Brava metal tray (3 per zone).
- Using your fingers, pat down and spread each pile into a thin layer, making sure crisps don’t touch each other. You will have 3 rows of 3 crisps.
Slide metal tray into top shelf
- Select “Parmigiano Reggiano Crisps” on your Brava touchscreen and follow instructions.
Cool & serve
- When your food is done, remove tray and let stand for about 1 minute.
- Once cheese has stopped bubbling, using spatula, gently transfer crisps to plate or wire rack to cool until brittle and crisp, about 3 minutes.
- If you want to make more crisps, let metal tray and oven cool for about 10 minutes. Starting with a hot oven will cause crisps to burn.