Salmon, Bok Choy, and Shiitakes
Soy-vinegar dipping sauce
- 2 skin-on salmon fillets (1–1½ -inches thick)
- 1½ cups chopped shiitake mushrooms (stems removed, caps quartered)
- 2 cups chopped bok choy (1-inch pieces)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon sumac
- ½ teaspoon chili garlic sauce (preferably Huy Fong brand)
- Zest of ½ lemon
From Your Pantry
extra-virgin olive oil
Brava glass tray
Allergens: Milk, Fish, Wheat (Gluten), Soy
- Let 2 teaspoons butter stand at room temperature for 15–30 minutes to soften.
- Spread butter on Zone 2 of Brava glass tray. Any uncovered butter may burn, so spread only enough for the fish to cover it.
- Pat salmon dry with paper towels. Season fish on both sides with a pinch of salt.
- Place salmon, skin side down, on top of butter. Make sure thickest salmon fillet is on left side of Zone 2.
- In medium bowl, toss together shiitake mushrooms, 2 teaspoons cooking oil and a pinch of salt.
- Evenly spread mushrooms in Zone 1 of glass tray.
- In same bowl, toss together bok choy, 1 teaspoon cooking oil and a pinch of salt.
- Evenly spread bok choy in Zone 3 of glass tray.
Roast salmon & vegetables
- Slide glass tray into bottom shelf.
- Select “Salmon, Shiitake, and Bok Choy” on your Brava touchscreen and follow instructions.
- After plugging in TempSensor, insert it horizontally through center of salmon.
- While food cooks, prepare dipping sauce.
Make dipping sauce
- In medium bowl, combine soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, sumac, chili garlic sauce, lemon zest and 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil; stir well.
- Transfer 3 tablespoons sauce to small serving bowl. Leave remaining sauce in medium bowl for finishing vegetables.
Finish & serve
- When your food is done, cut salmon in half crosswise. This will stop the cooking process and maintain your preferred doneness.
- Transfer mushrooms and bok choy to medium bowl with sauce; toss to coat evenly.
- Arrange vegetables on individual plates. Place salmon, skin side up, on top of vegetables.
- Serve reserved sauce on the side for dipping.