- 1 cup sliced red onion (¼-inch-thick slices)
- 1 skirt steak (12–14 oz)
- 2 cups baby arugula
- ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 head radicchio, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
From Your Pantry
extra virgin olive oil
kosher salt and black pepper
flaky sea salt
Brava metal tray
Prep onion & steak
- In medium bowl, toss together red onion, ½ teaspoon cooking oil and a pinch of kosher salt.
- Evenly spread onion in Zone 3 of Brava metal tray.
- Pat steak dry with paper towels. Season steak on both sides with a pinch of kosher salt and pepper.
- Place steak lengthwise in Zone 1 and Zone 2 of metal tray.
Cook onion & steak
- Slide metal tray into top shelf.
- Select “Brava Steak Salad” on your Brava touchscreen and follow instructions.
- While food cooks, prepare salad and vinaigrette.
Make salad & vinaigrette
- In large bowl, toss together arugula, cherry tomatoes and radicchio.
- Halve avocado lengthwise and remove pit and skin. Slice avocado and set aside.
- In another medium bowl, combine red wine vinegar, 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil and a pinch of kosher salt; stir well.
Slice steak, finish salad & serve
- Transfer onion to bowl with vinaigrette; let stand while slicing steak.
- Thinly slice steak across the grain. This will stop the cooking process and maintain your preferred doneness.
- Arrange steak on individual plates.
- Using fork, remove onion from vinaigrette and set aside.
- Season salad with a pinch of flaky sea salt and pepper. Add vinaigrette and toss well.
- Arrange salad next to steak. Garnish salad with onion, avocado, radishes and blue cheese.