- 2 cups diced yellow onion (½-inch pieces) (about 1 medium onion)
- ½ cup diced carrot (½-inch pieces) (about 1 medium carrot)
- ½ cup diced celery (½-inch pieces) (about 1 medium celery stalk)
- 3 lb bone-in beef short ribs
- ½ cup chicken stock or broth
- 1½ cups dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Roasted potatoes or cooked polenta for serving (optional)
From Your Pantry
kosher salt and black pepper
Brava Chef's Pan
Allergens: Wheat (Gluten)
Prep vegetables & short ribs
- In Brava Chef’s Pan, stir together onion, carrot, celery, 1 tablespoon cooking oil and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Arrange short ribs on top of vegetables.
- Slide Chef’s Pan, uncovered, into top shelf.
- Press green button to begin cooking.
- Note: You will add additional ingredients after 10 minutes.
Prepare chicken stock mixture
- While food cooks, in medium bowl, whisk together chicken stock, red wine, flour, tomato paste, 1 tablespoon salt and 1 tablespoon pepper until tomato paste is fully incorporated and there are no lumps.
Braise vegetables & short ribs
- Once Brava notifies you, carefully remove Chef’s Pan from Brava and stir in chicken stock mixture, bay leaf and rosemary.
- Cover Chef’s Pan with lid and slide into top shelf.
- Press green button to continue cooking.
Finish & serve
- Carefully remove Chef’s Pan from Brava and check ribs. Meat should easily pull from bones when pierced with a fork. If they are not yet tender, bake at 325°F for 30 minutes more.
- Arrange short ribs on serving platter or individual plates.
- If desired, use large spoon to skim fat off sauce. Add red wine vinegar to sauce; stir well.
- Top ribs with sauce. Serve with roasted potatoes or polenta, if desired.