2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 teaspoons black pepper
2 teaspoons packed light brown sugar
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
1½ teaspoons cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
1 teaspoon smoked paprkia
1 teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon dry mustard
½ teaspoon ground cumin
1 tri-tip roast (3–4 lb)
From Your Pantry
flaky sea salt (optional)
Brava glass tray
gallon-size resealable plastic bag
- For best results, season tri-tip at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours before cooking.
- In small bowl, stir together kosher salt, black pepper, brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, paprika, chili powder, dry mustard and cumin.
- Evenly rub BBQ seasoning all over tri-tip roast and place in resealable plastic bag.
- Pour ¼ cup cooking oil into bag, seal bag and rub all over to evenly coat tri-tip with oil.
- Refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Remove tri-tip from bag and place in Zones 1, 2 and 3 of Brava glass tray. Make sure thickest portion of tri-tip is on left side of tray.
- Slide glass tray into bottom oven shelf.
- Select “BBQ Rubbed Tri-Tip” on your oven touchscreen and follow instructions.
- After plugging in TempSensor, insert it horizontally through center of thickest portion of tri-tip.
Slice tri-tip & serve
- When your food is done, transfer tri-tip to cutting board and slice across the grain. This will stop the cooking process and maintain your preferred doneness.
- If desired, sprinkle with flaky sea salt.