- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 stick (¼ lb) cold unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 egg
From Your Pantry
Unsalted butter or nonstick cooking spray (for greasing pan)
Brava square pan
Allergens: Eggs, Wheat (Gluten), Milk
Prep flour & milk mixtures
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
- In medium saucepan over medium heat, stir together milk, sugar and honey and cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved. Do not allow mixture to boil. Remove from heat.
- Add butter; whisk until melted and combined.
- Add egg; whisk well to combine.
Finish cornbread batter
- Add milk mixture to flour mixture and stir until no large lumps remain.
- Lightly butter or spray Brava square pan; pour batter into pan.
- Press green button to begin preheating.
- When Brava is preheated, slide square pan into top shelf. Press green button again to begin baking.
Cool cornbread & serve
- When your food is done, transfer pan to wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Transfer cornbread to cutting board and cut into desired-size pieces.