Chicken, Delicata, and Mushrooms
Mushrooms and Pumpkin Seed Pesto
- 2 baby carrots, peeled and sliced into ⅛ inch thick coins
- ¼ cup champagne vinegar
- 2 cups sliced delicata squash (¼-inch slices)
- 2 cups quartered cremini mushrooms
- 2 boneless, skin-on or skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup chopped roasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
From Your Pantry
extra-virgin olive oil
kosher salt and black pepper
flaky sea salt (optional)
Brava metal tray
Prep vegetables & chicken
- In small bowl, stir together carrots, Champagne vinegar and a generous pinch of kosher salt. Let stand until ready to serve.
- In medium bowl, toss together delicata squash, 1 teaspoon cooking oil and a pinch of kosher salt.
- Evenly spread squash in Zone 3 of Brava metal tray.
- In same bowl, toss together mushrooms, 2 teaspoons cooking oil and a pinch of kosher salt.
- Evenly spread mushrooms in Zone 1 of metal tray.
- Pat chicken breasts dry with paper towels.
- Season chicken on both sides with a pinch of kosher salt and pepper.
- Place chicken, skin side down, in Zone 2 of metal tray. Make sure thickest chicken breast is on left side of Zone 2.
Roast vegetables & chicken
- Slide metal tray into bottom shelf.
- Select “Chicken, Delicata, and Mushrooms” on your Brava touchscreen and follow instructions.
- After plugging in TempSensor, insert it horizontally through center of chicken breast.
- While food cooks, prepare pesto.
- In small bowl, stir together pumpkin seeds, parsley, sage, garlic, Parmigiano-Reggiano, ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil and a pinch of kosher salt.
Finish & serve
- When your food is done, arrange roasted vegetables on individual plates.
- Cut chicken crosswise into slices and place on top of vegetables.
- Garnish with generous spoonfuls of pesto and pickled carrot slices.
- If desired, sprinkle chicken with flaky sea salt.