- 6 Fuji apples
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 7-8 oz pie dough (or ½ package store-bought pie dough)
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar or other coarse sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
From Your Pantry
Brava metal tray
Allergens: Milk, Eggs, Wheat (Gluten)
- Peel and core apples; cut each apple lengthwise into 8 slices.
- In large bowl, toss together apples, ¼ cup granulated sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Roll pie dough into a 10-inch round.
- Lay dough round on Brava metal tray. Evenly spread apples on dough, leaving a 1-inch border uncovered on all sides.
- Fold dough in from outside edge and press firmly against apples. For a more elegant presentation, form pleats in the folds.
- Fold border up and over filling, pressing dough firmly against apples.
- In small bowl, combine eggs and egg yolk; beat with fork until blended.
- Using pastry brush, brush edges of dough with egg wash and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Press green button to begin preheating.
- When Brava is preheated, slide metal tray into bottom shelf. Press green button again to begin baking.
- While food bakes, prepare whipped cream.
Make lemon whipped cream
- In large bowl, whisk together heavy cream, remaining 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and lemon zest until soft peaks form; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Check the crostata after 18 minutes. Crust should be golden brown and apples slightly browned and tender. If not, bake at 350°F 5–10 minutes more.
Slice & serve
- When your food is done, cool crostata on tray for 10 minutes before serving. Be sure to slice crostata on cutting board, not on metal tray.
- Cut crostata into slices and serve with a dollop of lemon whipped cream.