- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1¾ sticks (7oz) cold unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ⅔ cup finely chopped dried figs
- 1 cup toasted chopped walnuts
- ⅔ cup chopped blanched almonds
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 teaspoons Dutch process cocoa powder
- ¾ cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
From Your Pantry
Brava metal tray
Allergens: Tree nuts, Eggs, Wheat (Gluten)
- You can bake only 9 cookies at a time. Assemble full batch of 18 cookies. Bake first batch of 9, reserving remaining 9 in refrigerator.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, granulated sugar and salt.
- Using your hands, work butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse sand.
- Add egg and mix with hands until incorporated.
- Add egg yolk, vanilla and lemon juice and mix with hands until loosely incorporated.
- Transfer dough to lightly floured tabletop or cutting board and knead with hands until dough comes together, about 1 minute.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In medium saucepan over medium heat, stir together figs, walnuts, almonds, orange zest, cocoa powder, wine, honey and granulated sugar.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until most of liquid has evaporated and a thick paste forms, about 15 minutes.
- Cool completely before forming cookies.
- Pinch chilled dough into pieces the size of quarters.
- Roll dough between hands to make uniform balls. On floured surface, using your palm, press dough balls into flat circles.
- Place about 1 teaspoon filling in center of each dough circle.
- Fold sides up to enclose filling in a tight package (like a dumpling).
- Place 9 cookies, evenly spaced apart, in Zones 1, 2 and 3 of Brava metal tray.
- Press green button to begin preheating.
- When Brava is preheated, slide metal tray into bottom shelf. Press green button again to begin baking.
- When your food is done, transfer cookies to wire rack and cool completely.
- Using fine-mesh sifter, dust cookies with confectioners’ sugar.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.