Pork Ribs Arrabiata
~1 hr 45 min
1½ cups tomato puree
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 teaspoons sugar
½ cup chicken, pork or beef stock or broth
3 cups sliced yellow onion (¼-inch slices) (about 1 medium onion)
1½ cups sliced red bell pepper (¼-inch slices) (about 1 medium pepper)
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 fresh cayenne, jalapeño or serrano chile pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (optional, for extra heat)
2 lb bone-in baby back pork ribs, cut into two 7-bone racks
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
3 or 4 fresh basil sprigs, leaves torn
From Your Pantry
kosher salt and black pepper
Brava Chef's Pan
Step 1: Prep braising liquid
- In small bowl, whisk together tomato puree, tomato paste, sugar and chicken stock until smooth.
- In Brava Chef’s Pan, stir together tomato mixture, onion, bell pepper, garlic, chile pepper, cayenne (if desired) and 2 teaspoons salt.
- Pat pork ribs dry with paper towels. Place ribs, meat side up, on top of vegetables; season with a few pinches of salt and black pepper.
Step 2: Sear ribs
- Slide Chef’s Pan, uncovered, into top oven shelf.
- Select “Sear” on your oven touchscreen. Select Zone 2 top, set timer for 5 minutes and press green button to cook for 5 minutes.
- Deselect Zone 2 top, select All Zones bottom, set timer for 10 minutes and press green button to cook for 10 minutes.
Step 3: Braise ribs
- Carefully remove Chef’s Pan from oven, cover with lid, and slide into top oven shelf.
- Select “Bake” on your oven touchscreen. Set temperature to 350°F and timer for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Press green button to begin preheating. It’s okay to leave Chef’s Pan in oven while it preheats for this recipe.
- When oven is preheated, press green button again to begin baking.
Step 4: Cut ribs & finish sauce
- Carefully remove Chef’s Pan from oven and check ribs. Meat should easily pull from bones when pierced with a fork. If they are not yet tender, bake for 15–30 minutes more.
- Transfer ribs to large cutting board; cut between bones into individual ribs.
- Stir red wine vinegar into sauce. If you prefer a chunky sauce, proceed to Step 5.
- If you prefer a smooth sauce, transfer sauce to blender and puree on high for about 2 minutes.
Step 5: Serve
- Arrange ribs on serving platter or individual plates. Top with sauce and torn basil leaves.