- 1 can (28 oz) enchilada sauce
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken breasts (½-inch pieces) (about 1½ lb cooked chicken)
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans
- 6 corn or flour tortillas
- 2 cups grated Monterey Jack
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and cut into ½-inch pieces (optional)
- ⅓ cup sour cream (optional)
- 1 cup salsa (optional)
From Your Pantry
kosher salt and black pepper
Brava Chef's Pan
Allergens: Wheat (Gluten), Milk
Prep chicken & beans
- Set aside ½ cup enchilada sauce for assembling casserole.
- In medium bowl, stir together chicken and remaining enchilada sauce.
- Drain black beans in colander, rinse under cold water and drain again.
- Spread remaining ½ cup enchilada sauce over bottom of Brava Chef’s Pan.
- Layer half of tortillas over sauce, cutting them if needed to cover entire bottom surface.
- Spread half of chicken mixture over tortillas. Spread half of beans over chicken. Season with a few pinches of salt and pepper and sprinkle with half of Monterey Jack.
- Top with remaining tortillas. Spread remaining chicken mixture over tortillas. Spread remaining beans over chicken. Season with a few pinches of salt and pepper and sprinkle with remaining Monterey Jack.
- Press green button to begin preheating.
- When Brava is preheated, cover Chef’s Pan with lid and slide into top shelf. Press green button again to begin baking.
- When your food is done, serve casserole family style. If desired, offer cilantro, avocados, sour cream and salsa on the side.