½ cup diced yellow onion (¼-inch pieces) (about ½ yellow onion)
½ cup diced celery (¼-inch pieces) (about 1 medium celery stalk)
½ cup diced carrot (¼-inch pieces) (about 1 medium carrot)
2 cups diced cremini mushrooms (¼-inch pieces) (about 6 oz)
1½ cups long-grain white rice
3 cups chicken stock or broth
2 cups diced boneless, skinless chicken thighs (½-inch pieces) (about 1 lb cooked chicken)
1 bay leaf
3 cups small broccoli florets (about 6 oz)
2 tablespoons butter
¼ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
¼ cup grated Gruyère
From Your Pantry
Brava Chef's Pan
Step 1: Prep chicken, vegetables & rice
- In Brava Chef’s Pan, stir together onion, celery, carrot, cremini mushrooms, rice, chicken stock, chicken, bay leaf and 2 teaspoons salt.
- Cover Chef’s Pan with lid and slide into top oven shelf.
Step 2: Cook chicken, vegetables & rice
- Select “Sear” on your oven touchscreen. Select All Zones bottom, set timer for 12 minutes and press green button to cook for 12 minutes.
- After 12 minutes, select “Bake” on your oven touchscreen. Set temperature to 350°F and timer for 20 minutes. Press green button to begin preheating. It’s okay to leave Chef’s Pan in oven while it preheats for this recipe.
- When oven is preheated, press green button again to begin baking. Disable Auto-Stop.
- Carefully remove Chef’s Pan from oven, uncover, place broccoli in a single layer on top of rice and season with a pinch of salt. Cover Chef’s Pan with lid and slide into top oven shelf. Bake for 10 minutes.
Step 3: Finish & serve
- When your food is done, add butter, Parmigiano-Reggiano and Gruyère to Chef’s Pan and stir until butter is melted and fully incorporated.
- Scoop chicken and rice onto plates.