- 3 cups sliced yellow onion (¼-inch slices) (about 1 medium onion)
- 1 ½ cups sliced red bell pepper (¼-inch slices) (about 1 medium pepper)
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons harissa spice (optional)
- 1 ½ teaspoons sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 ½ cups tomato puree
- 1 can (15 ounces) chopped roasted tomatoes, drained
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup whole milk Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
From Your Pantry
kosher salt and black pepper
Brava Chef's Pan
Allergens: Eggs, Milk
- In Brava Chef’s Pan, stir together onion, bell pepper, garlic, harissa spice (if desired), paprika, cayenne, cumin, tomato paste, tomato puree, chopped tomatoes, and 2 teaspoons salt.
- Slide Chef’s Pan, uncovered, into top shelf.
- Press green button to begin cooking.
- Note: You will add add additional ingredients after 17 minutes.
- Once Brava notifies you, carefully remove Chef’s Pan from Brava.
- Using back of spoon, make 6 small wells in tomato mixture. Crack 1 egg into each well; season each egg with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Press green button to begin preheating.
- When Brava is preheated, slide Chef’s Pan, uncovered, into top shelf. Press green button again to continue cooking.
Finish & serve
- When your food is done, dollop shakshuka with yogurt and sprinkle with feta and cilantro. Serve family style.