Braised Lemon Chicken Thighs
Potatoes and Dijon Mustard
~1hr 15 min
4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 1¼ lb total)
3 cups diced Yukon Gold potatoes (½-inch pieces) (about 2 large potatoes)
6 cloves garlic, peeled
¼ cup chicken stock, broth or water
½ bunch fresh thyme
½ cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved (about 24 olives)
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
From Your Pantry
kosher salt and black pepper
Brava Chef's Pan
Sear chicken thighs
- Pat chicken thighs dry with paper towels. Season both sides with a few pinches of salt.
- Place chicken, skin side down, in Brava Chef’s Pan and slide, uncovered, into top oven shelf.
- Press green button to begin cooking.
- Note: You will flip chicken thighs and add additional ingredients after 5 minutes.
- While food cooks, cut four ¼-inch-thick slices from lemon. Save remaining lemon for finishing dish.
Cook chicken & vegetables
- Once Brava notifies you, carefully remove Chef’s Pan from oven and flip chicken skin side up. Add potatoes, lemon slices, garlic cloves, chicken stock, 2 or 3 thyme sprigs and a pinch of salt. Make sure vegetables and lemon slices are not covering chicken.
- Cover Chef’s Pan with lid and slide into top oven shelf. Press green button to continue cooking.
- While food cooks, remove thyme leaves from remaining sprigs.
Finish sauce & serve
- When your food is done, transfer chicken to serving platter.
- Add olives, butter and mustard to Chef’s Pan with vegetables and stir until butter is melted and fully incorporated. Taste and season with salt and pepper and lemon juice, if desired.
- Spoon vegetables and sauce on top of chicken. Garnish with thyme leaves.