Red Potato and Green Bean Salad
About this Recipe
No mayo here. A bright vinaigrette and fresh parsley are tossed with tender potatoes and green beans. This salad pairs well with almost anything-–white fish, salmon, pork, poultry or red meat . . . and white wine or a light beer.
½ lb green beans
1 lb red potatoes
1 peeled shallot
2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
¼ oz fresh flat-leaf parsley
From Your Pantry
extra-virgin olive oil
kosher salt and black pepper
Brava glass tray
Prep green beans & potatoes
- Trim stems from green beans. Cut beans into 1-inch pieces.
- In large bowl, toss together green beans, 1 teaspoon cooking oil and a pinch of salt.
- Evenly spread beans in Zone 1 of Brava glass tray. It’s okay if some beans end up in Zone 2.
- Cut potatoes into 1-inch pieces. In same bowl, toss together potatoes, 1 teaspoon cooking oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Evenly spread potatoes in Zones 2 and 3 of glass tray.
Slide glass tray into top oven shelf
- Select “Red Potato and Green Bean Salad” on your oven touchscreen and follow instructions.
- While food cooks, prepare vinaigrette.
- Thinly slice shallot.
- In small bowl, combine shallot, mustard, red wine vinegar, ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil and 1 teaspoon salt; stir well.
- Remove parsley leaves from stems; coarsely chop leaves. Set aside for serving.
Dress salad & serve
- When your food is done, transfer potatoes and green beans to serving bowl. Add parsley and half of vinaigrette and toss to coat.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper or more vinaigrette, if desired.