- For the mushrooms:
- 2 cups shitake mushroom, ½” dice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup carrot, ½” dice
- 1 large serrano or jalapeno pepper, diced (seeds removed if you don’t want the spice)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- For the sauce:
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon sumac
- ½ teaspoon chili garlic sauce (preferably Huy Fong brand)
- Zest of ½ lemon
- 1 green onion stem, ¼ dice
- For assembling:
- 8 leaves of lettuce - such as purple cabbage, butter lettuce, merlot napa cabbage, or even bok choy
- ¼ cup peanuts, crushed
- Roughly chopped fresh herbs for serving, such as cilantro, cutting celery, green onion, and mint
- Lime wedges for serving
From Your Pantry
extra-virgin olive oil
kosher salt and black pepper
Brava metal tray
Medium mixing bowl
Small serving bowl
Large plate or serving platter
Allergens: Soy, Peanuts, Wheat (Gluten)
- In medium bowl toss mushrooms, Serrano, carrots, and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Select “Lettuce Cups with Roasted Mushrooms & Herbs” on touchscreen and follow instructions.
- Evenly spread vegetable mixture across Zones 1 and 2 of Brava metal tray.
- Slide Metal Tray on top shelf and press green button to begin cooking.
Make sauce & prep lettuce cups
- While the mushroom mixture cooks in brava, prep sauce and lettuce cups. In medium bowl, combine soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, sumac, chili garlic sauce, lemon zest and 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil; stir well.
- Transfer 3 tablespoons sauce to small serving bowl. Leave remaining sauce in medium bowl for finishing vegetables. Set aside.
- Arrange lettuce cups on large plate or serving platter.
Finish & serve
- When vegetables are done cooking, transfer to medium bowl with sauce; toss to coat evenly.
- Distribute cooked vegetables into lettuce cups, and top each with few pinches of herbs, as well as peanuts. Serve with lime wedges and remaining sauce.