- 1 red onion
- 7 oz Brussels sprouts
- 2 cloves peeled garlic
- ¾ lb diced butternut squash, (¾-inch pieces)
- ¼ oz fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1 spatchcocked chicken (about 3lb)
- 1 peeled shallot
- 1 lemon
- 1 head frisée
From Your Pantry
extra-virgin olive oil
kosher salt and black pepper
Brava metal tray
- Peel red onion and cut into quarters.
- Trim stem end and cut Brussels sprouts into 1-inch pieces (usually halved or quartered).
- Thinly slice garlic.
- In large bowl, toss together onion, Brussels sprouts, garlic, butternut squash, rosemary sprigs, 1 tablespoon cooking oil, half of paprika and a pinch of salt. Save remaining paprika for chicken.
- Evenly spread vegetables in Zones 1, 2 and 3 of Brava metal tray.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels.
- In small bowl, stir together remaining paprika and 1 teaspoon cooking oil. Using your hands, evenly spread paprika oil on chicken skin.
- Season chicken with a few pinches of salt and pepper.
- Place chicken, skin side up, on top of vegetables, with legs pointing toward right side of tray.
Slide metal tray into bottom shelf
- Select “Spatchcocked Chicken” on your Brava touchscreen and follow instructions.
- After plugging in TempSensor, insert it horizontally through thickest part of chicken breast toward breastbone. It’s okay if TempSensor tip touches breastbone.
- While food cooks, prepare vinaigrette and frisée.
Make vinaigrette & prep frisée
- Finely chop 1 tablespoon shallot. You may have some shallot left over.
- In small bowl, combine shallot, juice of 1 lemon, 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper; stir well.
- Trim and discard root end and outer green leaves of frisée. Separate remaining frisée into individual leaves. Place in a medium bowl.
- When your food is done, transfer chicken to cutting board and cut into quarters, separating legs and cutting breast in half down the middle.
Dress frisée & serve
- Discard rosemary sprigs and transfer vegetables to serving platter; place chicken on top of vegetables.
- Toss frisée with vinaigrette to taste. You may have some vinaigrette left over. Garnish platter with frisée.
- If desired, spoon some of remaining vinaigrette over chicken.