Chicken + Vegetable Skewers
Brava Chef Annie
Chicken and Vegetable Skewers in Brava - no grill required! Brava's unique searing ability means it can crisp and char the outside of these skewers, while staying tender on the inside. To make, mix ingredients in a large bowl, distribute onto bamboo skewers that have been soaked in water, place on Brava Metal Tray, and press that green button! The cooktime is only 10 minutes, but depending on the size of your cuts and the temperature of the ingredients, you may want to add a bit more time at the end. If needed, simply move the tray to the bottom shelf, and add a touch up step for bottom sear or doneness. When done, serve with fresh herbs and a squeeze of lemon.
- 3/4 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 small chicken breasts)
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 small red onion
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Heaping Tablespoons fresh oregano (or another fresh herb)
- Zest and juice from 1/2 a lemon
- Kosher Salt
- Cracked black pepper
1. Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
2. While the skewers are soaking, cube chicken breast, zucchini, red onion, and bell pepper into about 1/2" bite sized pieces. Finely dice or grate garlic, and give oregano a rough chop.
3. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until evenly coated.
4. Arrange ingredients onto skewers, distribute evenly on the Brava Metal Tray, and follow recipe instructions for "Chicken + Vegetable Skewers" on your Brava. You'll place the tray on top shelf and press the green button.
5. When the cook is done, add touch up steps if needed for additional sear or doneness. Serve on a platter with lemon wedges, yogurt mixed with lemon juice, fresh herbs, and more cracked black pepper.