About this Custom Cook
Adapted from Flourless Black Bean Olive Oil Brownies by chocolateforbasil.com
-1 cup 100% chocolate bar
-1/2 cup + 2 tbsp olive oil
-1 can of black beans, beans and liquid separated
-1 cup coconut sugar
-2 tbsp vanilla extract (I used Nielsen-Massey)
-1 tbsp vanilla powder, optional (I used Nielsen-Massey)
-1 cup cacao powder
-1/4 cup ground flax seed
-1/4 tsp baking soda
-1/4 tsp salt
-3 tbsp creamy peanut butter
-flaky salt, for garnish
1. Oil a Brava Square Baking Pan and coat it with cocoa.
2. Melt the chocolate with the 2 tbsp of olive oil (in the microwave or over a double boiler) and mix until smooth. Set aside.
3. In a food processor, puree the black beans, 1 cup olive oil, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, vanilla powder, cocoa powder, flax seed, baking soda, salt, and melted chocolate until completely smooth.
4. In a clean stand mixer with whisk attachment or in a bowl with a handheld beater, beat the liquid from the can of black beans on high until completely frothy, about 5 or so minutes.
5. Gently pulse in the frothy black bean liquid until just combined.
6. Transfer the batter to the Brava Square Pan, and spread evenly.
7. Dollop peanut butter over the brownie batter.
8. Using a toothpick, and drag it gently through the dollops, swirling just along the surface.
9. Start the program (so the Brava preheats).
10. Insert the Square Pan into the Brava and press the green button. Bake for roughly ~25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
11. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with flaky salt, and cut into squares.
12. Brownie will be crumbly if you cut into it hot. It will firm up once it cools down to room temperature.