About this Custom Cook
This White Bean and Tomato Bake has been on repeat in my household. It's easy, delicious, and uses mostly pantry staples. I have some strong Italian roots on my mom's side of the family and to me, anything with red sauce is instant comfort food. Whether it's pasta or roasted cauliflower, I'm a big believer that most simple bases of a dish can be made more comforting with the addition of red sauce. This recipe checks the boxes of satisfying my comfort food cravings while being packed with simple, nourishing ingredients. The shredded mozzarella on top is totally optional, but highly encouraged! Since Brava's lamps can heat up so quickly, this dish gets those caramelized cheesy bits we all love.
- 3 cups cooked Butter Beans or any creamy white bean (or about two, 15oz cans of Butter Beans or any creamy white bean)
- 1 and 3/4 cups of tomato sauce (I love Rao's Marinara)
- 1 Bunch chopped and sautéed kale (or any hearty sautéed green, such as swiss chard)
- Zest of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon roughly chopped fresh basil
- 3/4 Cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Optional add ins: Cooked ground Italian sausage, crumbled goat cheese,
Topping suggestions: Crushed red chili flakes, more fresh basil, cracked black pepper.
1. Mix everything except for the shredded mozzarella in a large mixing bowl.
2. Transfer mixture to Brava Square Pan, and evenly distribute the shredded mozzarella on top.
3. Place Brava Square Pan on top shelf, and follow instructions for "White Bean + Tomato Bake" custom cook.