About this Custom Cook
Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 30 minutes to rest dough
Bake Time: 11 minutes
Total Time: about 1 hour
Snickerdoodles are one of my favorite cookies, and this recipe is the best I've ever made. The addition of brown sugar adds subtle hints of molasses and softer, chewier texture. If you prefer traditional snickerdoodles, just replace the brown sugar with granulated sugar. Store the dough refrigerated for up to 1 week or frozen for up to 1 year.
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 stick (1/4 lb) unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar plus 2 tablespoons for rolling
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1. In medium bowl, stir together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and kosher salt.
2. In another large bowl, either with electric mixer or by hand, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
3. Add egg and vanilla to butter mixture and mix well.
4. Gently stir flour mixture into wet ingredients and mix for 30 seconds to thoroughly blend dough.
5. Cover dough and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before forming balls.
6. In small bowl, stir together 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon.
7. Line Brava metal tray with parchment paper.
8. Scoop about 1 1/2 tablespoons dough and, using your hands, roll into ball. Toss dough ball in cinnamon sugar and transfer to metal tray. Repeat with remaining dough balls. You should have 2 dough balls in each zone.
8. Press green button to begin preheating. When Brava notifies you, slide metal tray into top shelf and press green button to begin baking for 11 minutes.
9. When your food is done, cool cookies on metal tray for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.