About this Custom Cook
I love Rice a Roni® for an inexpensive and tasty side dish. But who wants to stand over a stove stirring, then waiting for a boil, then hoping you get the simmer time just right?
This recipe should work for any of the recipes that call for 2tbsp of butter and 2 1/2 cups of water, where you brown the rice and vermicelli before adding the water and seasoning.
1. Add rice to the bottom of the Chef Pan in a uniform layer. Cut 2tbsp of butter into four pats and roughly evenly space them on top of the rice.
2. Put your Chef Pan in the Brava and follow the on-device instructions.
3. Get 2 1/2 cups of room temperature water ready.
4. At the first pause, remove the pan to stir the rice and butter mixture until the melted butter coats evenly. Spread everything back out evenly on the bottom of the Chef Pan and place back in Brava to continue.
5. At the second pause, remove the pan to add the water and seasoning pack. Stir to combine evenly and place back in Brava to continue.
6. That's it!