About this Custom Cook
- ⅓ cup raw walnuts, broken into halves and pieces
- 2 cups basil, packed
- 2 small cloves garlic
-1-2 teaspoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 Cup freshly grated Pecorino or Parmesan cheese
- Kosher Salt + Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Optional: zest of 1 lemon
- 2/3 cup - 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Arrange walnuts in zone 2 of the Brava Metal Tray.
2. Place metal tray on the top shelf, and follow instructions for "Brava Basil Pesto" custom cook.
3. When the walnuts are done (this will only take 1m 15 seconds), place: walnuts, basil, garlic, lemon juice, grated cheese, salt, pepper, and lemon zest if using, in food processor or blender. Pulse until it forms a thick paste.
4. On a low setting, slowly drizzle in olive oil to desired consistency. (I use the entire cup of olive oil).
5. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Use on pasta, as a salad dressing, drizzled on top of roasted vegetables or proteins, in a grilled cheese sandwich, or as a pizza sauce.