- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 1 lb flank steak, cut into 4” long, ¼” wide strips
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup plus 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 2 scallions, cut into 1” pieces
- ½ teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
From Your Pantry
Brava metal tray
Brava glass tray
Allergens: Soy, Wheat (Gluten), Shellfish
- Place broccoli in Zones 1, 2 and 3 of Brava glass tray.
- Select “Chinese Beef and Broccoli” on your Brava’s touchscreen and follow instructions.
- Slide glass tray into top shelf.
- Press green button to begin cook.
- While broccoli is cooking, prepare beef.
- Note: You will add beef after 8 minutes and 48 seconds.
- Pat beef strips dry with paper towel.
- Season both sides of beef with a couple pinches of salt.
- Place beef strips in Zones 1, 2 and 3 of metal tray.
- When Brava notifies, you carefully remove glass tray.
- Slide metal tray into top shelf.
- Slide glass tray into bottom shelf.
- Press green button to continue cook.
- While beef is cooking, prepare sauce.
- Note: You will cook scallions after 6 minutes.
- In small bowl, combine cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water. Stir to dissolve.
- In a small saucepan, add ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons of water, oyster sauce, vegetable oil, sugar, sherry, soy sauce, garlic powder, ground ginger, white pepper and a couple pinches of kosher salt; stir well.
- Bring mixture to boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, add cornstarch mixture. Whisk for 30 seconds over high heat.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- When Brava notifies you, carefully remove metal tray and glass tray.
- Remove beef and broccoli from trays and place in serving bowl.
- Place scallion pieces in Zone 2 of glass tray.
- Slide glass tray into top shelf and press green button to continue cook.
Finish and serve
- When cook is completed, carefully remove glass tray.
- In serving bowl, combine beef, broccoli, scallions and sauce.
- Garnish with sesame seeds (if desired).
- Serve immediately.