Pizza Dough (Fresh)
About this Recipe
Our homemade pizza dough can be swapped out for store-bought dough if you are pinched for time. It's a shortcut we use all the time at the Brava test kitchen. Whichever one you use, always rest the dough (in a large bowl covered with plastic wrap) at room temperature for 2-3 hours before stretching or rolling it. This proofs the dough, relaxes the gluten and makes it much easier to stretch. Once stretched over the metal tray, be creative and use any sauce and toppings you like. Though, make sure you don't overload the dough; less is more when it comes to pizza.
3¾ cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1½ teaspoons instant yeast
1½ cups warm water (90–100°F)
Pizza toppings as desired
From Your Pantry
stand mixer or food processor
Brava metal tray
Allergens: Wheat (Gluten)
Allergens: Wheat (Gluten)
- In bowl of stand mixer, stir together flour, extra-virgin olive oil, sugar, salt, yeast, and water.
- Fit mixer with dough hook and beat on low speed for 10 minutes.
- Alternatively, combine all ingredients in food processor and pulse until dough comes together into a ball, about 30 seconds.
Shape dough; let rest
- Transfer dough to lightly floured work surface. Cup dough with both hands and lightly apply pressure while making circular motions with dough to form into a tight ball.
- Transfer dough ball to lightly oiled bowl; cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate dough for at least 18 hours or up to 24 hours.
Let dough rise
- Transfer dough to lightly floured work surface.
- Using knife, divide dough in half.
- Form dough halves into tight balls as described above.
- Lightly dust baking sheet with flour. Place dough balls on baking sheet and cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- Let dough stand at room temperature until doubled in size, about 2 hours.
Shape pizza crusts
- Transfer one dough ball to floured surface. Lightly flour top of dough and press down with fingertips to form a flat disk that’s at least the width of your hand.
- Push dough outward with fingers to form a disk at least 6 inches in diameter.
- Pick up dough and move hands along edges, allowing gravity to stretch dough into a round 10–11 inches in diameter.
Top and bake pizza
- Place 1 pizza crust on Brava metal tray.
- Top with sauce, cheese and toppings as desired. See pizza recipes on Brava app for quantities and inspiration.
- Select “[Cook], [Pizza], [Fresh Dough], [Fresh Pizza Dough]” on your oven touchscreen and follow instructions.