About this Custom Cook
This baba ganoush combines smoky eggplant with creamy tahini and makes a great dip. Typically, baba ganoush is quite a process to make as the eggplant needs to be either charred on a grill or placed directly on a gas stovetop. This can be messy and quite time-consuming. Making this in the Brava is much easier, and you will still get the same level of char that gives a great smokiness to this dish. In order to get this level of char, the Brava may produce some smoke during the cook. Do not worry about this, it is simply flavoring the eggplant. Please note that it is important to use medium-sized eggplants here in order for them to be properly cooked.
3 medium eggplants
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/4 cup tahini
1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley, plus 1 teaspoon for garnish (optional)
1/4 cup olive oil
1. Prick the eggplants on all sides with fork.
2. Place eggplants in Zones 1, 2 and 3 of Brava metal tray.
3. Slide metal tray into bottom shelf and press green button to begin cook.
4. Follow instructions on screen.
5. Once the cook is completed, let eggplant rest for 15 minutes.
6. Peel eggplants.
7. Coarsely chop peeled eggplant and place in colander over large bowl. Let this sit to drain for 30 minutes.
8. While eggplant is draining, start preparing other ingredients.
9. Combine garlic, lemon juice and kosher salt. Let sit for 15 minutes.
10. Pour lemon-garlic mixture through fine-mesh strainer into bowl underneath.
11. Add eggplant to bowl with remaining garlic-lemon juice. Mash eggplant with potato masher until smooth.
12. Add tahini and parsley, combine.
13. Slowly add olive oil, mixing constantly.
14. Place in serving bowl, garnish with remaining teaspoon of parsley.