About this Custom Cook
For the Custard:
3 egg yolks
¼ cup sugar
½ quart Heavy Cream
½ tablespoon Vanilla Extract
1 teaspoon sugar (per cup)
Aluminum Baking Cups
Brava metal tray
Nonstick Cooking Spray
1: Prep Eggs
- Separate 3 egg yolks into a medium bowl.
- Add ¼ cup sugar to egg yolks.
- Whisk until mixture becomes smooth.
2: Prep Cream
- Add ½ quart of Heavy Cream to a mixing bowl.
- Add ½ tablespoon of vanilla extract to cream.
- Whisk cream until vanilla extract is evenly incorporated.
3: Make Custard
- Gradually add all of the Cream mixture to Eggs, whisking the eggs while adding the cream.
4: Prep Custard Baking Cups
- Scoop 1/3 cup of Custard into 3 different Baking Cups.
- Place all 3 Custard Cups into zone 3 of Brava metal tray.
5: Prep Sugar Baking Cups
- Spray 3 different Baking Cups with Nonstick Cooking spray.
- Add 1 teaspoon of sugar to each cup.
- Gently shake the cups so that the sugar is in one even layer at the bottom of the cups.
- Place all 3 Sugar cups in Zone 1 of Brava metal tray.
6: Bake Custard and Sugar Cups
- Slide Brava metal tray into top oven shelf.
- Close door and press green button to begin baking.
- *Note:* You will remove the sugar cups after 15 minutes.
- *Optional:* If you are using ramekins, leave sugar cups in the Brava for the full cook.
7: Remove Sugar Cups
- Once notified, remove the sugar cups from the tray.
- *Note:* Sugar should be a liquid. If not, leave in the Brava for the remainder of the cook.
- Allow sugar cups to cool until custard is done baking.
- Slide the metal tray back into the top oven shelf, and press the green button to continue baking.
8: Remove Custard and top with caramelized sugar.
- Once the cook is complete, remove the custard from the oven.
- Allow to cool on the metal tray for about 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, gently pull the sides of the sugar cups to loosen the sugar disc from the baking cups.
- Flip cup upside down and tap the bottom of the cup. The sugar disc should easily come out in one piece.
- Top each Custard Cup with a sugar disc.
- Place custard in the fridge for 30 minutes or freezer for 15 minutes before serving.